Thursday, October 22, 2009
Bye Bye Goatee....
Courtesy: The Huffington Post
Chuck Todd has lost the "Goatee Gamble."
The NBC News White House Correspondent entered into a bet with ABC News White House Correspondent Jake Tapper: if the Dodgers won the NLCS, Tapper would have to grow a goatee; if the Phillies won, Todd would have to shave his.
The alternative would be to donate $1,000 to the other's favorite charity, with Tapper supporting Dr. Shershah Syed — who he described as "an ob/gyn devoting himself to saving impoverished women in his native Pakistan" — and Todd supporting Samaritan Inns — which he described as providing "housing and recovery services to homeless and addicted men and women."
The Phillies beat the Dodgers 10-4 Wednesday night to clinch the National League pennant and move on to the World Series.
"So the last time I shaved the goatee, it took a while. First a close trim, then the electric, finally, the straight razor," Todd Tweeted shortly thereafter. "So maybe I need a professional. Old school barber? Ideas?" he followed-up.
Tapper, for his part, gloated on Twitter Wednesday night, sending the following Tweets related to the Goatee Gamble (in chronological order):
* sound of electric razor)....Goatee: OHS NOS!!!// Chuck: I'm sorry, but I have to do this.// Goatee: but Chuck, I LOVE YOU!!! [link]
* Goatee must go/ Tis true, fah rilz/ Should not have bet/ Against the Phils BURMA SHAVE #ShaveThatPuppy #PhilliesRock #GoateeGamble [link]
* it's great, because at home i have my baby son, and at work i will have @chucktpolitical whose chin will soon be smooth as a babys behind [link]
* in his live shots/he does never ramble/ and yet he lost/ the #GoateeGamble. BURMA SHAVE @chucktpolitical! [link]
* if @Chucktpolitical opts to NOT shave, the charity he will be sending1K to: http://bit.ly/1sBAvk and u should give too!! [link]
Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/22/chuck-todd-to-shave-goate_n_329855.html
Posted by Marie at 5:15:00 PM