Sunday, February 21, 2010

Bode Miller wins GOLD in Super-Combined


American Bode Miller finally fulfilled his expectations and won an Olympic gold medal Sunday, using a blistering slalom run for victory in the super-combined.

After placing seventh in the downhill run, Miller skied the third-fastest slalom legs for a two-run combined time of 2 minutes, 44.92 seconds Sunday.

"I skied with 100 percent heart -- I didn't hold anything back," Miller said. "It's just awesome. There's nothing else to say. The way I executed, the way I skied, is something I'll be proud of the rest of my life." Having skipped summer training while he debated retiring, Miller nearly didn't have enough energy to hold on as he came over the final pitch of the slalom course. "My legs started feeling really wobbly," he said. "I didn't even feel like I was looking at the gate anymore."

Miller has also won a silver and a bronze at the Vancouver Games -- a sharp contrast from his no-medal performance in Turin four years ago, when he made more headlines for his late-night partying than his skiing. Courtesy: NBC Sports

SPACE.com

Space Shuttle and International Space Station News

NASA Image of the Day

Political Blogs and More

Gardening Blogs